
This past weekend I had a great visit with my parents, two of my three siblings and my 5 1/2-month old nephew/godson, who is the best baby ever (not that I'm biased). I think I've mastered the art of changing a diaper without getting peed on, which is a good life skill to have.
The funniest thing is that my nephew is teething and therefore on a constant search for things to gnaw on, either to soothe his gums or to distract himself from the pain, I'm not sure which. (Remember that early-'90s one-hit wonder "It's Tough To Be A Baby"? I'm sorry I brought it up.) At one point he started gumming my knee, which would have really hurt if he had any teeth. As it was, it was sort of uncomfortable and sort of tickly, but mostly just hilarious. He then gave me a big smile reminiscent of the Abominable Snowman (aka Bumble) after Herbie goes to work on him. His favorite song at this stage is that one that goes, "Skinna-marink-y-dink-y-do, I love you," which I'll be sure to remind him of when he's 14 and hanging out with his friends.
When I got back home, I stopped in at CVS to pick up my birth-control pills, and as I was waiting for them to ring me up, I realized that I had baby spit-up on my shirt, which made for some nice irony.
Love you, little one.

Special and wonderful blog! Thanks so much! Important female infertility treatment solutions for you and your loved ones.
ReplyDeleteGreat blog site, lots of info really liked it.
ReplyDeleteI have a installing ceiling fan site/blog. It pretty much covers installing ceiling fan related stuff.
Come and check mine out if you get time.