Saturday, August 13, 2005

peoplewatching, the first in an occasional series

I am sure that I'll be posting more peoplewatching updates in the future because I'm endlessly fascinated by us as a species, and - probably because I'm a rather self-conscious person myself - especially by those of us who seemingly have no observing ego at all. The other day, just after seeing a segment on the "news" that morning about "What Not to Do" regarding bra selection for particular tops, I saw both a woman wearing a white tank through which her white lace bra was clearly visible and a woman wearing the infamous faux-modesty "let's pretend you can't see my bra" bra with clear plastic straps that look like strips of Saran wrap (the wearing of which was, incidentally, near the top of the "What Not to Do" list). Interesting. Later in the day, I inadvertently trailed a guy on the street who was completely bald on top but sported dreads from the very back of his head all the way down the middle of his back. Also interesting. In a grotesque sort of way.

This reminds me that I haven't watched TLC's fantastic show "What Not to Wear" in quite a while, probably because I have to sneak it in when my bf is preoccupied with something else and not feeling too particular about what's on the TV. (Although just between you and me, I think he might enjoy it a little more than he lets on. What's not to love about a show based on telling people to their faces what you would be thinking if you saw them in public?)

1 comment:

  1. I saw an offender on the T last week. Thin white t-shirt, textured white bra. Thanks for reminding me of the word "tacky."

    ReplyDelete